Jeerakarishtam is a fermented liquid preparation made with the ingredients in the formulation
JEERA (CUMIN SEEDS)
- It is used for several diseases of the respiratory, circulatory, and reproductive systems.
- It promotes healthy digestion and prevents diseases correlated with digestion and abdominal organs.
- It helps in promoting weight loss and improving blood sugar levels. Also, it is used in Ayurveda treatment for diarrheaand to keep your bad cholesterol in control.
- Many people around the world don’t get enough iron. Cumin is extremely rich in iron, and provides ˜20% of daily iron in just a teaspoon.
- Cumin increases antioxidant intake, promotes digestion, provides iron, improves blood sugar control, and reduces food-borne illnesses.
- Jaggery is a natural substitute for sugar. But, it is healthier than white sugar.
- Natural or less processed foods are much better than and jaggery is one of them.
- Jaggery is anti-flatulent, so it helps reduce intestinal gas.
- Jaggery is known to help people with symptoms of premenstrual syndrome. It also has muscle relaxant properties, which reduces uterine cramps & abdominal pain.
- In Ayurvedic scriptures, this herb possesses various properties like fertility agents (Garbhasthapaka), poisoning (Visha), menstrual disorders (Pradara).
- Flowers of this plant have pungent, acrid, cooling, toxic, alexiteric properties and are used as a sedative.
- Extract of this herb is very effective against bacterial infections.
SONTH (Dry Gourd)
- It is obtained from the underground stem of the main ginger.
- Sonth contains robust anti-inflammatory properties, which are capable of soothing the tense muscles and relieving them of any soreness, pain, or inflammation.
- Sonth moreover helps build our immune system.
- It also helps in respiratory problems like common cold and cough, sore throat, bronchitis, congestion, etc. Sonth is effective natural support.
- Jaiphal is obtained from the seeds of the Nutmeg tree called ‘Myristica Fragrans’. Jaiphal is also known as Jatiphal.
- Used to balance the blood sugar levels and to treat urinary tract infections.
- Jaiphal is a recommended ingredient in pregnancy.
- Jaiphal is widely known to be used to treat cold in infants.
- It boosts immunity and resistance power.
- It can detoxify kidneys and liver.
Ayurveda’s outlook on postnatal care
According to Ayurveda after the delivery, Agni is hampered and Vata is vitiated immediately. So the care is mainly aimed at correction of these. To prevent complaints during sutika Kala such as UTI, backache, loss of appetite, etc Ayurveda can help. Ayurveda prescribes specific nutritional measures for the growth and protection of the woman to keep her vitality. Ayurveda also describes nine diseases caused because of the pregnant status of the woman. These diseases are peculiar to pregnancy and are called garbhopadravas. They are nausea, anorexia, vomiting, dryness in mouth, fever, edema, anemia, diarrhea, and urine retention.
Jeerakarishtam is a supportive Ayurvedic medicine for the post-delivery period. It helps to improve the strength of the mother, after delivery. It contains warm herbs and ingredients that can help promote lactation and immunity of the mother. It also keeps mothers away from cold and infections. It boosts immunity. Apart from these benefits, the ingredients are also known to help in Ayurvedic treatment for diarrhea, frequent passing of stools, indigestion, etc.
It contains several medicinal properties such as antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, carminative, digestive stimulant, anti-diarrheal, antipruritic properties.